Standlee Premium Western Forage Certified Alfalfa Compressed Bale
The Certified Alfalfa is created from a 4 x 4 x 8 bale and goes through a press, cut horizontally, put onto a scale, weighed, compressed, and then banded. Alfalfa is low in sugar, high in protein, calories, and digestible fibers. This hay is recommended for horses with sensitivity to carbohydrates, gastric ulcers, mares late in pregnancy and lactating, and underweight and growing horses.
- Low in carbohydrates
- Natural forage length mimics grazing
- Slows intake, stimulates chewing and minimizes digestive upset
- Convenient to handle and store
- Physical form allows visual inspection of quality and consistency
- Certified Noxious Weed Free
Cut the bands on the compressed bales eight to 10 hours before feeding, so that the bales of hay can expand, and that will prevent overfeeding. Do not ever feed moldy or insect-infested hay to horses. Make sure that your horse always has access to fresh and clean water.
|Crude Protein (Minimum)||16%|
|Crude Fat (Minimum)||1.5%|
|Crude Fiber (Maximum)||30%|